Thursday 8 March 2007

Wednesday

Yes we have more bananas! So that was my starting breakfast along with some juice, this time a vegetable and fruit mixture purchased from Lidl. It is really cheap, a bit too sweet for my taste, but I hope it is doing me good with its added vitamins.
Second breakfast was porridge made mainly with water with just a little milk; I do like my porridge with a teaspoon of sugar rather than the Scottish tradition of salt.
Lunch was a tin of chicken soup with soya and linseed bread. Followed by another hot cross bun.
The son and heir comes to dinner most Wednesday evenings, so after a little interrogation as to what he has eaten this week [very healthy and home cooked, well done son] I decided on not so healthy naughty food.
Chips, sausages, peas and sweetcorn, and later an orange.
Not very imaginative. In my quest for inspiration I started to think about some of the meals that I have eaten in restaurants, and while looking for recipes on line, found an American book with recipes from top US restaurants, it is called The Copycat Cookbook. I have never been to the US but this way I could try the food. I have put a link to it for anyone who might like to see it. Just click on link to the left of page.

No comments: