Monday 5 March 2007

Sunday

The last Banana in the dish and juice to start me on my way. One thing about owning animals is there is never a day off. I did manage an enjoyable hack before the forecasted bad weather, so that is a good reason for getting up early.
Second breakfast was bagels and cream cheese with smoked salmon, not as extravagant as it sounds as the salmon was supermarket trimmings, Sainsbury’s are not as good as Tesco.
Lunch time I thought I better use up some mashed potato [I always cook far too much of everything, this is a help if you don’t mind eating re hashed food] so with added onion cabbage and egg it became bubble and squeak, served with bacon, mushrooms and baked beans. Quite a substantial lunch.
No Sunday roast this week, I will regret that when there are no leftovers to use tonight.
I did use the oven to roast the pork chops with baked apple and herby potato bake, served with lots of mixed vegetables.
The herby potato recipe I remembered from the TV program Two Fat Ladies, I think that they used fresh herbs, but yesterday it had to be dried herbs, as my dog has eaten everything growing in my garden.
Pud was pears and raspberries with chocolate pudding and ice cream.

No comments: