Wednesday 7 March 2007

Tuesday

Started with a rather wizened apple and juice, the apple was really past its best but the little pony enjoyed the core, and I did cope better with my chores than on Monday morning.
Second breakfast was last of the wholemeal seedy bread and marmite.
As you may guess the cupboard was getting a bit bare, so hubby and I did a food hunt in Tesco.
For lunch I had a salad sandwich and a hot cross bun, I do not usually eat hot cross buns before Easter but they were so cheap I could not resist, will just think of them as fruit buns.
Tuesday evenings other half goes to the pub quiz, so like to do a quick and beer absorbent recipe.
This week I chose penne pasta with tomato, onion, garlic, green pepper, sweet corn, basil and a small tin of dolphin friendly Tuna.
I worry about eating fish as the world's seas are in a terrible crisis, but then again I want to eat a healthy diet and keep my family fit and well.
I know that Tuna fish are being hit hard, so this is the first Tuna that I have eaten for some years. It is very odd that Tuna is still cheap and still being used in pet food, it will probably be sudden headline news, that stocks have run out and it will be another crisis to worry about.
I have heard that there is a list of fish that are better to buy, as it has less bad impact on the marine environment but have not found it yet.

No comments: