Friday 23 March 2007

Thursday

The blog today is a bit different as I missed yesterdays. I decided on Tuesday that I have gained too much weight, and it is high time I cut down, I do not think that dieting is a good thing as it really a does not seem to work. My proof is, have you ever met a fat person that has not been on a diet? They all have, therefore, if they are fat and have dieted, dieting must make you fat. It is a good theory, and it’s all mine.
I think the reason for my weight gain is over the last year my workload has changed, the work is not so heavy, which is good as I was getting strain problems like a frozen shoulder and joint pain. My doctor said unhelpful things like “‘at your age, you should be taking things easier”. Well my days are still quite full, but I now take time to eat sitting down, and eat the same size meals that I did before which is as much as I can eat before I fall asleep.
So my idea for reducing weight would normally be work harder, it always worked in the past and I can lose a stone in weight in a matter of a month, but I have no desire to damage my now dodgy joints, So cutting consumption will have to be the way.
I will also cut out anything that I will not really miss, like butter on my toast, chocolate, and nuts, I will miss them but it won’t be too tough.
I started yesterday by giving up second breakfast. I ate a sandwich of one slice of wholemeal bread, with marmite grated carrot and just a little bit of mayonnaise; I must wean myself off mayonnaise. It did take more time to get out of the house but I saved time by not coming home for second breakfast.
Lunch was one sandwich of pâté tomato mixed leaves and cucumber. Hubby then gave me a piece of fruit cake. Well it is only day one; don’t want too much shock to system.
For dinner a starter of orange and watercress salad, followed by vegetable curry, with rice and lentils with naan bread.
Evening snack was an orange.
Not a great start.

No comments: