Tuesday 27 March 2007

Tuesday

Well it has been a few days since I have updated this blog. It must be as a result of my non diet, dieting, I have become too weak to type.
Not really, I have been fairly good in as much as I have stuck to smaller portions than I would usually eat, and I wait until I am really quite hungry.
I cannot remember everything I have eaten since the last blog so I will just list some of the more memorable meals, and confess to all the naughty things, or at least the ones I can remember.
Last Saturday was our wedding anniversary, so in keeping with tradition hubby cooked me dinner. For starters we had nachos, and used the guacamole that I had made a week ago when the avocados were ripe and then froze it. I was not sure if it would work, answer is yes it does and it was very nice. For the next course he cooked a really splendid chilli with rice, all washed down with a lager, just the one for me. The plan for desert was apple and blackberry pie but we were both too full, so saved it for desert over the next two days.
Another memorable or odd dish from the past few days, was because the pears in the fruit dish all decide to ripen at once, so after the usual fruit salads, I thought of doing a well-established dish of pears and stilton with a poppy seed dressing, I made the dressing and sliced the pears only to find I had eaten all the stilton. So it ended up being pears with cream cheese apple and walnut topping and the poppy seed dressing. It was ok but not a candidate for my signature dish.
Hubby and I have had dodgy tummy’s for the past few days, and I was sure that it was not my cooking,or his, or a bug, I think I have found the culprit, cauliflower. I am sure it is very good for one, but maybe not lots of it, and every day since the farm shop was selling them for 3 for a £, big ones! We eat it raw in salads, and we have a salad most days, boiled with other vegetables, curried on Tuesday night and cauliflower cheese for last night’s dinner. Too much, never mind only one more cauliflower to go.
Other naughty things to admit to since last blog: - ate huge amount of chocolate on Saturday. Drank wine ½ a bottle of wine. I am still eating cake, though smaller portions and this will continue for some time as I plan to do a bit of baking, and it all has to be eaten.

No comments: