Saturday 31 March 2007

Saturday

Thursday I tried taking an apple with me to eat for breakfast, if I was hungry. I was, but not until I had to defend my apple from two horses, most horses like apples. and two Labradors that are convinced that apples and carrots are really good dog food. So, on the whole maybe not a good idea.
Lunch chicken noodle soup and bread.
Dinner was unexpectedly tasty. Pasta penne, onions, garlic, celery, fresh tomato, a jar of mixed wild mushrooms, smoked bacon, pesto and olives. Quick and mostly store cupboard things.
Yesterdays eats. One slice of wholemeal toast with peanut butter for breakfast.
For lunch one sandwich of pate with cucumber. Tea and a piece of cake.
Dinner time I made Sheppard pie and stretched the meat with the addition of chopped carrots, celery and a few peas as well as the usual onions. As I put the oven on in the interest of economy and generally saving the planet, I made two dishes of this, and also cooked a large dish of roasted vegetables, consisting of things in the pantry, like sweet potato, sweed, pepper, onion, garlic, celery, fennel and carrot all splashed with olive oil and sprinkled with mixed herbs. Ten mins before the end of cooking I added some cherry tomatoes that had had a bit of an accident in the shopping and squashed. There is loads left over, so will be used one way or another over the next couple of days.
As the oven was on I did a bit of cake baking, a no measure chuck things in the mixer sort of fruit cake, that made too much for the tin I had prepared, so some was put into fairy cases for immediate consumption, the main cake can be stored to mature if it lasts that long. I also made a chocolate sponge then left it in the oven too long and burnt it. Some may be useable will let you know if I think of anything to improve it.

No comments: