Monday 2 April 2007

Monday part two

Sunday I slept in for half an hour, only one place to go to feed horses so hubby treated me to breakfast in bed. Croissants with ginger preserve, coffee and grapefruit juice.
Have no idea what I ate for lunch it cannot have been anything inspirational.
For dinner I had Grilled pork chops with pan fried herby potatoes, cabbage, cauliflower, carrots and broad beans.
For pudding I found something to do with that chocolate sponge cake that I managed to burn during my baking the other night. It wasn’t really all that burnt, more dried out. So with a bit of trimming, then soaking in Marsala wine and orange juice, it became the base for a trifle. I used orange jelly, poached pears, and a vanilla custard. It was not bad, but son and heir says it should have been chocolate custard. Next time I will make it chocolate, as half of the chocolate sponge is still lurking in the freezer

No comments: