Sunday 15 April 2007

Sunday

I have had writers block, well it sounds more interesting than I have been too busy to do my blog. Actually the days have been filled with the usual round of horse care, dog walking, feeding etc. Plus lots of house work and gardening, mainly for other people, hence my house and garden look as if a dustbin lorry has been upended in it. Never mind I have still eaten quite well. With some fairly interesting and mostly healthy options.
Best day was Friday when Steve cooked dinner, Liver and bacon with mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables. I will eat almost anything or at least try it, but one thing I cannot get to like is liver cooked the way chefs cook it, soft and pink, and usually lambs liver, I think it is truly disgusting, so for any of you who think you don’t kike liver and have been told you need to eat it for the high iron content, this is what you do.
Use pigs liver for a start, cut it fairly small coat in flour season fry, with onions, add herbs and red wine, as a minimum. Also if you fancy it add tomatoes preferably tinned, bacon, mushrooms. Then cook through, you do not want it to get really tough but the taste changes if it is well cooked, and don’t care what all you wizzy clever chefs say that is the way I like my liver cooked.

No comments: